Question

Upgraded but was issued new contract instead

• 20 April 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi, 

I just upgraded my phone via the app, but looks like they have issued me a new contract instead, and I'm now paying two direct debits.  Since I can't contact customer services, what do you think is best to do? If I wait until the customer service centre is reopen, will they refund the extra I have paid?

Many thanks! 

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Kef32 

I have sent you a direct message with more information. 

Regards 

Aklima

I upgraded my account to a SIM only and I too appear to have been issued a second contract, even though the original finished. I have had to cancel the direct debit as ID were still taking the money for the contract that I have finished. I am happy with the new contract (and the new direct debit works fine)but still would like the online account details to acknowledge that the old contract finished and that I am not using it anymore

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @samuelthecamel,

If you upgraded to a SIM-only plan, then this is done via the iD account by logging in. We’d still send a new SIM as this is automatically issued, however, your new plan switches over on the app and everything stays the same such as your number etc.

To me, it sounds like you’ve ordered a new contract instead of an upgrade. Can you confirm if both SIMS are active with their own numbers on it and you’re paying 2 lots of Direct Debits?

Mohammed

Mohammed, I’m in the same boat, went through the upgrade via app on the 18th (3 days ago) now have a new contract instead of an upgrade. Please can you help?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Davidwayneprice 

Welcome to the iD Community.

I’ve sent you a direct message with further information.

Pearl

Hello 

I have just recently  upgraded my phone via the app. I did as the app requested for upgrades but l have been issued with a new contract and sim (as well as the phone i requested). But when i log into the app it shows the monthly cost for my previous phone. Does this mean that I will now be paying two direct debits.  Since I can't contact customer services, what other options are there? 

P. Arvez

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @P.arvez 

Sorry to hear this.

Please contact Live Chat team are available for account related support.

They’re available between 9am – 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am- 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Unfortunately, were working on a reduced staff due to COVID-19, and the team are extremely busy, so the Live Chat button may not always appear as `available`. If so, it may be a matter of waiting on the page, until the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available. No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Aklima

Why iD Mobile?