Solved

Upgraded phone and was sent a new sim?

• 1 December 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

So i thought that if you upgraded your phone, you kept the sim you were currently using? I've been sent a new sim alongside my new phone so very confused as my old sim fits in my new phone etc.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 2 December 2019, 14:22

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Rebeccapritchard,

When you upgrade, a new SIM is automatically sent out. Log into the iD Account and you should see a message asking if you’ve received the new SIM. Select Yes to activate this.

If you don’t see the message, go to https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/your-sim-card to activate your SIM.

Mohammed

I too had this predicament,plan details had updated but had the new SIM. After online chat session,  I was told it's fine to use old SIM, but DONT activate new one

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I too had this predicament,plan details had updated but had the new SIM. After online chat session,  I was told it's fine to use old SIM, but DONT activate new one

Hello @didger2007,

Please activate the new SIM always and use this one instead of the old one.

The reason for this is we’ve seen users accidentally activate the new SIM when they no longer have it and this can cause issues by having to wait for a replacement to be issued. If you don’t want to activate the SIM, please keep that new SIM safe somewhere. Though, we do advise simply activating ti and switching over.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Great to hear, don't want the hassle of a new sim!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Great to hear, don't want the hassle of a new sim!

@Rebeccapritchard  No problem!

Let us know if you have any questions

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?