Question

upgrading

I'm planning to upgrade to a new phone. 

Can I keep my old phone?

Can I keep my old number using the new phone?

Thank you

11 replies

Userlevel 1

Yes once you've upgraded and paid your other contract up the phone is yours , and yes you can keep your old number and use it in your new phone.

As long as your new phone is either network unlocked or from ID it doesn't matter about putting your old sim card in your new phone.

I swap my sim cards around from phones without issue 

So, does it mean they will just send me the phone via post with or without new SIM card with the same mobile number?

Thank you

Badge +10

So, does it mean they will just send me the phone via post with or without new SIM card with the same mobile number?

Thank you

@Lovy  your upgrade new phone will arrive via the post without a new SIM number!

You just need to insert the old SIM into the new phone turn it on, connect to wifi wait for any network or software updates for that mobile, input your data then your good to go…

You do no need to register the SIM or activate anything!
The SIM and contract continues as before

Just to clarify; Contracts and numbers are allocated to SIM cards not the actual mobile, these are transferable to any mobile that works on the ID Mobile Network.

Thank you so much. It really helps a lot.

I'm sorry I'm new to this. I've never done this upgrading before.

Badge +10

@Lovy if you need any more help when the mobile arrives, like transferring data over or anything, just pop back in to the forum!

Will do.

Thank you so much Terry. 😃

While I was filling in my details for upgrading my phone to new one after end of contract the form filling got cut off just after I entered my payment details. Please advise

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@Tatcho 

Sorry to hear this. 

If the payment was not taken please not the order will not be processed. 

Regards

Aklima 

Thanks for your trouble….

If I’m staying with ID mobile but want to upgrade my package. will my number remain the same and/or will I get a new sim?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Howdy @AndyT 

If you log in to your iD Mobile account using our website or the iD Mobile App (you’ll need to register that on our website if you haven’t already).

Within your account area you should be able to see upgrade options available to you.  Selecting from those will ensure you keep the same old number but simply upgrade to a new tariff.  Or a new tariff and phone if you’re taking a 24-month contract.

Any more questions, just ask.

Why iD Mobile?