Question

upgrading a phone on the website

• 6 August 2020
  • 5 replies

I’ve been trying to upgrade my current phone on the website, everything was going fine until i was asked to pay 1p so i put in the card details and it was processing and then it said the page has closed because of inactivity. So i’m quite worried that i have been scammed but it was on the official website. i don’t know if its gone through and i dont want to do it again and be stuck paying for 2 phones. Any help available  

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @mollie_ush,

Sometimes this can be caused by the card details not matching the order details. Was the card registered to the same name and address as the details you entered for the upgrade itself?

Will

Hi @mollie_ush,

Sometimes this can be caused by the card details not matching the order details. Was the card registered to the same name and address as the details you entered for the upgrade itself?

Will

Ok thank you for replying, they were the same details, my dad pays for my phone the card which it was payed of on was his, can you confirm that nothing has been sent out because i don’t want 2 phones arriving. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @mollie_ush,

If the contract is in your dad’s name, we’ll need for him to contact us so we can look into this. We can’t check the order with you.

What does the iD app say? Has this updated to the new plan?

Mohammed

Hello @mollie_ush,

If the contract is in your dad’s name, we’ll need for him to contact us so we can look into this. We can’t check the order with you.

What does the iD app say? Has this updated to the new plan?

Mohammed

I have had an email saying that I haven’t finished the purchase and how can my dad get in contact with someone 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @mollie_ush,

There should a phone number on that email for the account holder (your dad) to call to complete the order.

Cheers,

Will

Why iD Mobile?