Solved

Upgrading daughters phone - don't want any notification

• 9 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi, looking to upgrade the phone my daughter has. I currently have a PAG sim for her under my name although now wish to upgrade phone for xmas but keep existing number.  I don't want for any notifications to go to her that a new phone has been ordered, how can I stop this from happening? thanks 

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 15 November 2020, 12:41

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @JonThorne1112,

Do you mean Pay Monthly?

Unfortunately, texts are sent to the iD number so the only way is to take the SIM out of the phone and stop her from using this as well as ensuring she can’t check the app.

Mohammed

Yes I did sorry.  Ok, thanks for the clarity on this.

Sorry another question, if I upgrade the phone with one of the advertised deals I am also upgrading her data allowance so does this mean a new sim which replacing her current monthly rolling contact sim?

I suppose what I am after is that I upgrade her phone with a new sim, keeping her old phone with current SIM until xmas. I then cancel this old SIM at that point. I appreciate this might be me paying twice for a month.

Is this possible or is there another way of doing this?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @JonThorne1112,

Only one SIM card can be active on one number at any given time. During the process you’ll be asked if you need a new SIM sending out. To be honest, I’d recommend selecting you don’t so that the SIM your daughter uses doesn’t get cut off when the new one gets sent out.

Does that make sense?

Will

Why iD Mobile?