Solved

Upgrading & Upfront Costs

• 2 October 2020
  • 8 replies

morning, i have 4 accounts with ID one is due an upgrade today and another on 09.10.2020.

i wish to remain loyal to ID but do not want to pay for a handset, please can someone contact me today to discuss. i have seen many other deals with other providers that are appealing so i wanted to give you the opportunity to offer me something better than what you have already, regards Marc

icon

Best answer by ASJ 9 October 2020, 18:18

View original

8 replies

Can someone please get back to me?

The chatbot is useless and no one is available to answer questions on the chat, trying to speak to a human is nigh on impossible.

ID customer services is shocking, why is no one available to talk to on the phone? 

All i want to do is discuss my upgrade options as none of the deals look that good to be honest. Would appreciate a message or a call please.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Sorry for not catching this one sooner @ASJ 

Do you have each of your individual iD Mobile accounts registered?

If so, you should be able to see upgrade deals listed within the iD Mobile App or our website when logged in if so.

One thing to consider.  We let you look at upgrades within the last 60 days of a contract coming to an end as an early upgrade offer.

So if you have 2 months of a contract to go before you’d be able to leave without any early termination costs, then the difference between whatever deal you’ve seen elsewhere might be a moot point?

Sorry for not catching this one sooner @ASJ 

Do you have each of your individual iD Mobile accounts registered?

If so, you should be able to see upgrade deals listed within the iD Mobile App or our website when logged in if so.

One thing to consider.  We let you look at upgrades within the last 60 days of a contract coming to an end as an early upgrade offer.

So if you have 2 months of a contract to go before you’d be able to leave without any early termination costs, then the difference between whatever deal you’ve seen elsewhere might be a moot point?

Many thanks for the reply Kevin, not really what i wanted to be honest, i get that i am privileged to be offered an upgrade 2 months early, but, at the same time, if i leave it for another two months, are the prices going to go down? i doubt it.

I have been a loyal paying customer for a long time now and i am paying best part of £120 a month to you guys for my active contracts. i have had a look around and can find handsets you are offering for to me as an upgrade a with a £30-£50 upfront coast, for free and a better deal with other providers. all i am asking is for a call to discuss my options with you. I am sure you could waive an £80 charge for 2 new handsets and me sign up for another 2 years with you, and 2 months extra of course. i’m even willing to increase the monthly line rental cost if required.

As said i have 4 accounts for myself and my family 2 are due upgrades now and the other 2 i think early next year, i’m more than willing to let these expire and see what your competitors want to give me, 2 months in 2020 will fly by like the rest of the year has. 

So, if you can ask one of the upgrade team to call me please so i can have a chat with them i would be most appreciative of this. Thanks again for your reply.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi again @ASJ 

Between now and December a lot could potentially change in terms of upgrade deals.  Black Friday being one “event” in general that tends to crop up each year.

If indeed Apple do release some new phones this side of the year too that could potentially bring some prices down of other phones too.

Are the deals you have been looking at which you believe to be much better value 24-month deals, as we know some companies offer 36-month deals these days.  Though that would leave you stuck in that contract for 3 years with them should you ever want to leave in future.

Unfortunately at the current time we no longer have a Sales Team available to discuss upgrade deals, it’s all self-serve through the website or through the App.  Whether that may change once we’re clear of the pandemic would be a question for 2021 at the moment.

Sorry for any disappointment caused there.

If you need us to send you a private message here to assist with a PAC (code) or a disconnection request should it come to that, then please let us know.

Hi again @ASJ 

Between now and December a lot could potentially change in terms of upgrade deals.  Black Friday being one “event” in general that tends to crop up each year.

If indeed Apple do release some new phones this side of the year too that could potentially bring some prices down of other phones too.

Are the deals you have been looking at which you believe to be much better value 24-month deals, as we know some companies offer 36-month deals these days.  Though that would leave you stuck in that contract for 3 years with them should you ever want to leave in future.

Unfortunately at the current time we no longer have a Sales Team available to discuss upgrade deals, it’s all self-serve through the website or through the App.  Whether that may change once we’re clear of the pandemic would be a question for 2021 at the moment.

Sorry for any disappointment caused there.

If you need us to send you a private message here to assist with a PAC (code) or a disconnection request should it come to that, then please let us know.

Many thanks again Kevin for your reply, not interested in Apple rubbish and yes all the other contracts were for 24 months albeit i would pay a little extra a month for a free handset, the ID deal don't seem to differ in upfront costs even if you pay more a month. As i have said previously, if the handset price was waivered i would not mind paying extra per month for the new contract.

Its shocking that there is no sales team to deal with anymore, i get that we are in uncertain times, but customer service should be at the heart of everything and in every department, looking after existing customers to regain their loyalty and trust should be paramount, especially in this situation we find ourselves in at present.

I’ve just had a look at the upgrades again and you have put the price up in the up front cost for the S20 FE 5G from 29.99-49.99, what's with that? i was looking at the S20 FE 5G for my partner and the S20 5G for me, both @ £40 per month, my plan opens the upgrades tomorrow, if you can PM me with a decent deal for both handsets i want, then we will stay with you, otherwise, yes i’m afraid we will depart and go elsewhere. Once again, i appreciate the reply.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @ASJ,

I’m sorry to hear that the upfront price has changed! Due to the nature of the industry, prices do change regularly so it would be best to keep an eye on the plan to ensure you don’t miss out on any price falls in the future.

We cannot sell you a contract or change our prices through the PM feature unfortunately so you would need to make your purchase either from our website or through your online account/app.

Ryan

well, thanks for the reply Ryan, but this conversation isn't gaining any traction really, it doesn't look like you want to help me or other customers that want to remain loyal to you. so i’ll see my time out and depart and will be doing the same for the other 3 contracts i have with ID 

i do hope for the sake of you guys in CS that ID sort their sh!t out and get back to what it was, i just don't understand why you have no upgrades team anymore. i have been camped at home with my work since march and they have managed to supply me with everything i need to ensure i can do my job and support our customers that need to contact us.

good luck

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

well, thanks for the reply Ryan, but this conversation isn't gaining any traction really, it doesn't look like you want to help me or other customers that want to remain loyal to you. so i’ll see my time out and depart and will be doing the same for the other 3 contracts i have with ID 

i do hope for the sake of you guys in CS that ID sort their sh!t out and get back to what it was, i just don't understand why you have no upgrades team anymore. i have been camped at home with my work since march and they have managed to supply me with everything i need to ensure i can do my job and support our customers that need to contact us.

good luck

We are sorry to hear we couldn’t provide a more favourable response here @ASJ,

If you do need any further support, please let us know here.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?