Solved

USA roaming

• 17 June 2019
  • 5 replies

I’ve seen some customers have older takeaway plans which includes USA roaming. How do you find out if you have this takesway plan?

many thanks.
icon

Best answer by Gregor 17 June 2019, 22:33

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @Jackrtoogood

I am not sure if there is a way to check if your plan is "takeaway" but I can assure you that it is very unlikely that you will have it as iD discontinued this plan couple of years ago if my memory serves me right. If you change or upgraded your plan after 2016-2017 then you have automatically rolled out of this plan. You can still use your minutes and data in usa but you will be charged extra for it. After "Takeaway" plans were discontinued iD introduced "roaming like Home" in 50 European countries.

Kind Regards
Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hey @Madassmax

If you bought your through Carephone Warehouse or iD Mobile it very likely will be already unlocked to Any Network. Even if phones will appear to be locked to iD you can contact Live Chat team and request free unlock service as long as you are the original user of that handset.

Kind Regards
Userlevel 1
Cool Hikari, many thanks for your reply and advice 😁👍
Thanks for the help. It’s a shame ID don’t offer it, I think I’m going to get a 3 SIM card for a month to get the free roaming in the USA.
Userlevel 1
Hi,
Ive got a similar issue, going to Florida for 3 weeks but going to cost a fortune to use my mobile while I'm there. Three do a decent deal for £35, just not sure if a three sim will work in my Id mobile handset, anyone able to confirm if it does, obviously it uses the three network but don't want to assume it'll work because of that.
Thanks

Why iD Mobile?