Solved

What Happened to the £4 SIM only deal

I guess this might have been a Limited Time deal - I was about to switch my wife over but the deal is no linger there.

Will it come again?

AND 

More importantly once signed up will it renew at the same monthly cost?

icon

Best answer by Ryan 5 March 2020, 16:38

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @reddallp,

Unfortunately the deal was a limited time only offer and although we don’t know when or if this one will be back, it’s a good idea to keep an eye on our SIM Only page here for when we have offers on again in the future.

When you choose one of our monthly SIM cards, they do continue rolling at the same price until you choose to cancel.

Ryan

Hi Ryan/ID,  I just recently (a few days ago) took up a SIM-only offer on the basis of the information given on the SIM-only page at the time (which I archived) which says explicitly in the FAQ: “

Can the monthly cost of my SIM Only deal change?

Not with iD Mobile. Most other major networks such as EE, Three, Vodafone, and O2 increase the price of their SIM Only deals each year with inflation or RPI (Retail Price Index).”

How does that square with your comments above?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @HenryL,

I don’t believe the RPI increase is applicable to 30-day SIM-only plans as per the snippet above, apologies for any misunderstandings but let us get this double-checked with the Team and get back to you on this.

Mohammed

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @HenryL,

It is correct that our SIM-only plans do not incur a price increase in-line with RPI so I have amended my response. Sorry for any confusion caused!

Ryan

Many thanks Mohammed and Ryan.  

On the same subject could you confirm that the pay-monthly 1 month rolling contract sim-only deals do not have any termination charges (beyond the 1 month notice requirement) ?   I saw no mention of them in setting up my  sim-only package, and it would obviously not fit with the general concept of a ‘1 month rolling contract’, but there seems to be little specific personalised information when taking out one of these contracts  (at least I didn’t receive anything) and I didn't find  information about the specific t’s and c’s for my particular package (which obviously vary -  from the preceding conversation) when I log in to my account. Am I missing them somewhere?  Web pages can change obviously so I would have expected something a little more static at the time of setting up the agreement, though I might have missed something.

Thanks again.

It’s all gone quiet, but no worries I found enough answer elsewhere.  (I didn’t want to leave this thread and start something new as it would have lost the context, but anyway…now solved.) 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Many thanks Mohammed and Ryan.  

On the same subject could you confirm that the pay-monthly 1 month rolling contract sim-only deals do not have any termination charges (beyond the 1 month notice requirement) ?   I saw no mention of them in setting up my  sim-only package, and it would obviously not fit with the general concept of a ‘1 month rolling contract’, but there seems to be little specific personalised information when taking out one of these contracts  (at least I didn’t receive anything) and I didn't find  information about the specific t’s and c’s for my particular package (which obviously vary -  from the preceding conversation) when I log in to my account. Am I missing them somewhere?  Web pages can change obviously so I would have expected something a little more static at the time of setting up the agreement, though I might have missed something.

Thanks again.

Hi @HenryL 

Sorry that we seemed to have missed this one sooner.

Our 30-day rolling SIM contracts would only ever require a 30-day heads up that you were leaving.  You’d only be paying for that 30-day period and nothing extra.

If you could elaborate a little on anything else you need answering, I’ll be happy to help you here.

Hi Kevin, thanks for confirming.   That’s it for now I think.  /Henry   

Actually - no - there is one other small question!  Several responses here from iD employees have a ‘signature’ line saying “…please mark it as ‘Best Answer’…” but I’ve not as yet spotted an option for doing that !  How is it supposed to be done?  The only options I’ve seen are ‘Link to URL’, ‘Flag’ , ‘Quote’ and ‘Like’.  I did click on a couple of smiley faces at some point somewhere but they do not seem to appear here. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hey again @HenryL 

I believe it’s only the topic creator themselves who can mark an answer (to their own question) as “best”.

This particular topic already has an answer marked as “best” so it wouldn’t be visible here again to them unless they unmarked whichever they had chosen already.

We have it in our signatures as to try and remind topic creators to clearly mark the answer that worked for them.  This then in turn makes it handy for anyone who stumbles across a topic created in the past through Google or searching the community forums here.

I see..  Noted for future ref.

Thanks for the clarification. 

Regards/ HenryL

Why iD Mobile?