Solved

What happens to my old contract when I upgrade?

• 14 November 2020
  • 5 replies

I have been given a Black Friday Upgrade deal but want to know what happens to my exising 24 month contract which is not due to expire until 02/01/2021?

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 17 November 2020, 16:11

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

I have rung the customer services, got nowhere they point you to the website contact us page … which is being dealt with by a robot!  Only pre-scripted answers to what it sees as linked questions … NO IT DID NOT ANSWER MY QUESTION JUST FRUSTRATED ME FURTHER!!!

If my existing plan ends on 27/28 december and I buy a Black Friday deal - what happens to my existing contract will it be superceded by the new contract?

I dont want to end up paying for 2 contracts due to taking out an upgrade!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I have rung the customer services, got nowhere they point you to the website contact us page … which is being dealt with by a robot!  Only pre-scripted answers to what it sees as linked questions … NO IT DID NOT ANSWER MY QUESTION JUST FRUSTRATED ME FURTHER!!!

Hello @Samantharushworth,

What do you mean by “I have been given a Black Friday Upgrade deal”

If you mean one was advertised to you in the app/account, then when you purchase an upgrade, this will simply replace your current contract with the new one and start a fresh 24-month term.

Mohammed

My question was does the new deal replace the existing 24 month one,  even if it's not 24 months old!

I was sent a message saying exclusive upgrade deal but my current contract hasn't expired.

I don't want to end up paying 2 contracts and need certainty that this won't happen 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello Samantha, I’ve merged your topics together as I noticed you had another one created surrounding the same issue.

As above,

The new deal will replace the old one.

Upgrade deals are available in the last 60-days of your contract.

You would only receive this notification if you are eligible.

So if you’re wanting to go for it, you can complete the order via you riD app/account.

In terms of bills, you’ll only have 1 bill.

You’d be liable for the old contract at the old rate till the date it upgrades.

Then we’ll bill you for the new contract at the new rate from when you upgraded.

All of this is worked out as a pro-rata bill so your first bill post upgrading can be a little confusing with credits and debits etc.

But all future bills should be that plan rate + add-ons/extras etc.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?