Solved

What happens when I upgrade?

• 22 January 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

I currently have a Huawei P20 Pro and am due to upgrade in May. This is my first contract phone so I have no idea what to expect when upgrading.

Will I be given a choice from a list of handsets based on my tariff, or can I choose any phone I want? If so, will I have to pay an upfront fee, like I was just taking out my first contract? Do I have to return my existing

icon

Best answer by Gregor 22 January 2020, 23:46

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @MichaelM 

I am glad to see that you are looking for upgrade with iD Mobile and I will try to make it as easy for you as I can. In order to do that I will answer all your questions one by one so the ease do reading. Let's start, shall we?... 

1.Will I be given a choice from a list of handsets based on my tariff, or can I choose any phone I want?

Yes you will be given list of the phone that will be available for new and new tariffs assigned to them. You will be able to view your upgrade option in iD Mobile App when you will be eligible to upgrade. Don't worry though. If you don't find what you like in there you can call them at 7777 and they will offer you what you like. I did it myself 8 months ago and I got what I wanted :-)

2. Will I have to pay an upfront fee?

It all depends on the phone and tariff that you will choose. There might be not upfront cost but higher monthly payments or higher upfront cost but lower monthly payments.

3. Do I have to return my existing phone?

You do not have to return your existing phone. It is yours to keep at the end of your contract. You can keep it as spare, give it as a present to someone you like or you could make some money out of it by opting to Trade it in.  More info about trade ins can be found here.

I hope this will help you to enjoy your upgrade and if you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask we are here to help.

Kind Regards

Gregor

Why iD Mobile?