Solved

What phone's the biggest upgrade from the Galaxy S8?

• 9 January 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I love my phone but I’m also enthusiastic about other types of phones.

If I upgrade, which of these 4 mobiles would be the biggest upgrade?

Samsung Galaxy A70, OppoReno 2z, Samsung Galaxy A80 or the Galaxy S10e?

This may not happen...

icon

Best answer by Gregor 9 January 2020, 22:44

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sticking to your shortlisted devices, I would go for S10e but that's because I like small pocketable phones and this one is the closest I can get. S10e size alongside all flagship specs is really great phone for the money.  It is going to be even slightly smaller than your current s8 but keeps the same 5.8" screen size.

If you decide go big then I would stay away from Oppo Reno 2Z. It's Mediatek processor does not convince me to get the job done quickly and efficiently. It's also build on 12nm design which is also not very battery efficient. Current flagship SoC's get 7nm design. My choice would go to A80, it looks really nice with completely clean screen. No notch, punch hole, or big bezels and still give you very decent specs.

Kind Regards

Userlevel 2
Badge

Sticking to your shortlisted devices, I would go for S10e but that's because I like small pocketable phones and this one is the closest I can get. S10e size alongside all flagship specs is really great phone for the money.  It is going to be even slightly smaller than your current s8 but keeps the same 5.8" screen size.

If you decide go big then I would stay away from Oppo Reno 2Z. It's Mediatek processor does not convince me to get the job done quickly and efficiently. It's also build on 12nm design which is also not very battery efficient. Current flagship SoC's get 7nm design. My choice would go to A80, it looks really nice with completely clean screen. No notch, punch hole, or big bezels and still give you very decent specs.

Kind Regards

Thanks for your dearest help sir.

Your answer’s been marked as best. Sadly the monthly costs will fluctuate so we’ll see when / if the time comes

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hey @gearbox162 

That sure is a tricky one. I don’t know much about android devices, but from what I do know. I would go for Samsung Galaxy A70 due to the great battery life and camera. What do you think @Gregor 

Kind regards,

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @PavD 

Galaxy a70 its a pretty good phone for the price. Overall Samsung really nailed it with A series devices last year. Lots of features for a fraction of the price. £24.99 a month for this handset with 5GB of data is pretty good deal as well for someone like me. I would still take A80 instead just because new approach in design with all clean display and swivel camera to take selfies. It's true that A80 has smaller battery but keeps the same screen size and resolution but it's more battery efficient SoC should still allow users to use it whole day long. A80 goes for £31.99 on the same deal with iD and I think is worth these few pounds extra a month.

Why iD Mobile?