Solved

When to change sim.

• 5 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

My current ID mobile contract ends on 19 November, and I have ordered a Pay Monthly sim which has just arrived. The upgrade options didn’t have what I wanted  data allowance wise so I had to order it as a new plan.  Do I wait until 19 November to activate the new sim or can I swap it over straight away?

icon

Best answer by Kevin 13 November 2020, 18:24

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @madkat0201,

Are you wanting to keep your old number?

Will

Userlevel 1

I have decided to upgrade and pay the extra each month to keep my existing number, it’s a real pain that you can’t transfer it otherwise. I’m still wondering when to change to the new sim though.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @madkat0201 

There is no charge or extra cost to keep your number.  That isn’t a thing.

If you were not in contract on your old existing contract then you should have had the option to log in to your account (either online or through our iD Mobile App) and do a Plan Change -or- Upgrade there.

If you’ve gone and purchased a brand new SIM-only contract then that would mean you have two active lines now with us.  If that’s the case we wouldn’t be able to move the number from one account to another.

So that we can help further we’ve sent you a private message.  As we’ll need to cancel one of those two SIM’s for you (if you have in fact got two contracts going).

Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

Userlevel 1

Sorry if I've caused anyone confusion. By pay extra to keep my number I'm referring to the fact that upgrading/ changing plan through my existing account is more expensive per month than the new pay monthly sim which I had ordered. That one has been cancelled via the online chat, and I now know that I don't need to change sim. 

Why iD Mobile?