Solved

Why am I finding it so hard to order a replacement sim?

• 23 November 2020
  • 3 replies

I want to switch my smart phone over to an old nokia 3310. I want out of this social media / information heavy existence so I can achieve some focus and hey… who know, maybe a little bit of zen.

I currently have my sim card in nano card format in my iphone which is not compatible for the old Nokia brick.

There are not really any easy avenues I can find to getting a replacement sim card. It almost seems like I have to get an entirely new account?

It seems a bizarre state of affairs. There is not an option via phone to even order a sim at all. 

Also: I used a pac code to retain my old number. Whilst id mobile has contacted me to let me know the number has switched, and I am receiving phone calls, people are still receiving messages from me on a different telephone number.

Any help would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 27 November 2020, 15:54

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Just to clarify I have also tried via website as well as phone.

I am well aware that your sims are 3-in-1 sizes. 

I need a replacement sim because the micro and standard sized sims were thrown away.

At the the time I was using an iphone but the phone I want to use now requires a standard sim.

I have tried every which way to contact you and if I had not already given you the money for the month I would be gone.

PLease do not send the following:

Our SIM cards are 3-in-1 SIMS so you can pop out the smaller size required.

I’ve included a diagram above that I made.

Have you tried doing this?

If you’re on one of our older SIMS that are not the 3-in-1 types, let us know so we can send a replacement.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I want to switch my smart phone over to an old nokia 3310. I want out of this social media / information heavy existence so I can achieve some focus and hey… who know, maybe a little bit of zen.

I currently have my sim card in nano card format in my iphone which is not compatible for the old Nokia brick.

There are not really any easy avenues I can find to getting a replacement sim card. It almost seems like I have to get an entirely new account?

It seems a bizarre state of affairs. There is not an option via phone to even order a sim at all. 

Also: I used a pac code to retain my old number. Whilst id mobile has contacted me to let me know the number has switched, and I am receiving phone calls, people are still receiving messages from me on a different telephone number.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello @davewinslife,

I’ll send you a PM now so we can help get a new SIM sent out as well as look into the issues you’re having with the port.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?