Solved

Why can't I select a contract from those on offer by 3rd parties but with ID and keep my number?

• 23 September 2020
  • 3 replies

There are 3rd parties offering different levels of Minutes, Texts and Data, but according to the ID App I am unable to switch to these contracts and keep my mobile number if I am already a current ID customer. Effectively this is similar to upgrading or changing my current ID Plan. How can I do this and keep my mobile number?

icon

Best answer by Ryan 30 September 2020, 13:39

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @davebr,

Is there a specific plan you’re referring to? If you could provide a link that would be ideal.

Will

Will

Using a search engine I found this site:

https://www.comparemymobile.com/buy/sim-only/best-sim-only-deals/?contractLengths=&minMinutes=100&maxMinutes=&minData=0&maxData=&minTexts=0&maxTexts=&minMonthlyCost=0&maxMonthlyCost=85&minUpfrontCost=0&maxUpfrontCost=450&deviceCondition=New&includeExistingCustomersHandset=true&includeResellers=true&networks=&only5G=false&merchants=&handsetColours=&modelInternalStorage=&unlimitedData=false&unlimitedMinutes=false&unlimitedTexts=false&sortBy=OurPickOrder

Which offered this deal for 10GB data, unlimited txt and minutes for £8pm on the ID network:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/beta/basket?utm_source=Decision+Technologies+Limited+%28Mobile%29&utm_medium=AWIN&utm_campaign=75150&affiliate=AWIN%7E75150&awc=6366_1601287229_6f41e237eadb1e28a65254c210a69020

But when I choose upgrade from my account this offer is not present. The closest is 10GB data, unlmited txt & mins for £10pm.

If I cancel my current cotranct with a view to taking up the offer above, according to the ID FAQ I will not be able to transfer my number. I suspect this is because it is being transferred from ID back to ID within a 3 month period.

Surely I should be able to “upgrade" my current plan with the offer above?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @davebr,

I have just replied to your other post here and we’ve also sent you a PM to assist further.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?