Solved

Why have i been sent a new sim with my sim only contract upgrade?

• 13 April 2021
  • 5 replies

I just wanted to upgrade my sim only contract for a better deal but now i’ve been sent a new simcard? I want to keep my number and sim, do I need to swap sims? am I going to be charged for 2 sims now. and why is there no way of contacting iD Mobile directly??? I’m so confused.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 13 April 2021, 17:45

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @NickyFletcher,

New SIMs are always sent with upgrades incase you’ve bought your own new handset and need a new SIM size.

If you log into the iD app/account it should show the new plan you selected.

You can activate this SIM by heading to https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/your-sim-card

Mohammed

Not sure that this is the most environmentally friendly solution - I’ve just upgraded my contract, as has my wife, and we’ve both been sent new SIMs that we don’t need. The carbon footprint of creating and delivering obsolete SIMs cannot be good. I think it would reflect well on ID mobile if they could make the issuance of a new SIM for a contract upgrade an option, rather than the default. Come ID Mobile - do your bit please!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Cheers for the feedback @Biggestbazza.

With 5G being tested, with a look to be utilising it in the future, we just want to make sure people have up to date SIM cards to utilise it if it does become available to all.

Will

Userlevel 1

Hi, I also recently upgraded to a new phone with the same number my old sims will still fit in the new phone, do I have to activate the new one or can I continue to use the old one? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Andrew_C 

You can carry on using your existing sim card in the phone and do not need to use the new sim you receive.

-Mohsin 

Why iD Mobile?