Solved

Will my old contact cancel once I've upgraded?

• 1 April 2020
  • 5 replies

Hey guys

I was with ID and i have a sim only monthly contract. I have no access to my old phone and sim and have just upgraded to a contract phone with ID. Will my old monthly contract automatically be cancelled or is there something i need to do? I want a new number too.

Mike

icon

Best answer by Gregor 1 April 2020, 21:44

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Louise79, if you upgrade your line, you won’t be paying for two lines. Double check your order confirmation email and make sure you’ve  definitely placed an upgrade order, and not a new line. If it’s definitely an upgrade, there’s no need for you to do anything further. 

Thank you,

Rory

Do I need to  cancle my old contract as I have just upgraded .

Do not want to be paying for two bills

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @michaeljstory 

Of course you can change your number if that is what you would like to do.  There will be £25 fee to pay or this which is just one off payment. Usually in normal circumstances it could be done by contacting customer support. Since the offices are closed and there is no way to call them I will tag @Nikhil P and @Mohammed so they can have look tomorrow and provide you with details how to get in touch with them if you wish to proceed with number change request. 

Kind Regards 

Gregor

or can i not just change the number once i get it?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @michaeljstory 

If you order an upgrade on your old number then you will receive new sim card with the same number and when you insert that sim into your phone your old sim will automatically stop working but your number and direct debit date and account will stay the same. If would you like new number then its better if you cancel upgrade while you are on cooling of period and order your phone as a new deal. 

Kind Regards 

Gregor

Why iD Mobile?