Solved

Wrong number showing on texts after porting

• 29 June 2020
  • 4 replies

after transferring my number to ID it is still sending text messages from the new number. my ID account says it’s completed transferring my number but this clearly isn’t he case. How can I fix this?

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 29 June 2020, 17:15

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Worked for me -thanks

My mother in law who is 75 purchased an iD pay monthly contract with a Sony Xperia L4 on 28th December. We requested a number port. Text messages still get sent using the number provided with the SIM provided by CPW and iD. Calls are fine and use the correct number. How can we resolve this please?

Your chatline suggests it is a Sony Xperia fault and to talk to Sony. This is not acceptable as the phone and contract are supplied by CPW / iD.  Surely you can send the SMS settings to her phone.

Thank you for any assistance.

Steve

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hello there @SteveClay 

First thing to do if this hasn’t been done already.  Is to register the iD Mobile account.

https://my.idmobile.co.uk/web/cpw/pre-registration/-/registration/registerMyAccount

Ensure you’re using the number we gave you on the iD Mobile SIM when doing so (unless you’re absolutely certain the number has ported over, then in that case you can use that).

If you’re logged in to your account, and you can see you’re on the old number still, then you will likely need to re-submit the PAC and number you wish to bring over within the My Account area there.

--

If you’re 100% certain the number has moved over, yet the phone is reported the wrong one.  Then please try the following to refresh the phone.

Turn off the Phone > Take out your SIM
Turn the Phone back on (no SIM) > Leave on for a few minutes or so.
Turn off the phone >  Pop the iD Mobile SIM back in the Phone 
Turn back on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @KShep,

Do you have an iPhone by any chance?

iPhone’s don’t automatically change the number after a port, this is what causes the issue.

Try the following steps:

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

Let us know how you get on.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?