Solved

Returns - how do I return my purchase?

• 20 November 2020
  • 5 replies

I purchased a phone and SIM yesterday. Online via ID website.

I would like to return it. No agents available via live chat. 

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 27 November 2020, 15:30

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Sean_m_K,

So we can assist properly, can you advise if it’s a return due to a fault of some kind, or purely a change of mind thing?

Will

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Sean_m_K,

I’ve sent you a PM so we can pick this up for you now.

Mohammed

Hello @Mohammed 

Can’t get in touch with a real person over live chat and have been trying for two days - taking up so much of my time when I’m supposed to be working.

I upgraded from a sim only deal to a pay monthly phone for iphone 11 yesterday (it was a black friday offer).

I received an order confirmation email and 0.01p was taken out of my account. However, I then received a text from my online banking stating that the upfront payment of £49.99 had been declined by my bank and asking me to confirm that the upfront payment of £49.99 for the phone was genuine - I confirmed it was genuine but they sent a text back saying to contact the retailer as I might need to make the payment again. The £49.99 has not come out of my account.

I then received an email from iD stating that you’re experiencing minor delays processing orders for dispatch.

Shortly after, I received another two emails from iD saying that you need to speak to me about my order because some details look like they are incorrect and that the sales team will try to get in touch over the next few days - if they fail to get through to me after 2 attempts, they’ll cancel the order. I presume the issue is because my bank declined the transaction and i had to approve it. No one has contacted me yet and I’d like to get the phone asap seeing as when I ordered, it said it would be next day delivery. I don’t know whether my order has gone through and whether I’ll be receiving the phone - I don’t want to miss out on the black friday discount on the deal because of the delay in sorting this out? I’d rather cancel and re-order through carphone warehouse if I’m going to have to wait a long time.

Can you let me know what’s going on or help me to cancel my order? 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Mohammed 

Can’t get in touch with a real person over live chat and have been trying for two days - taking up so much of my time when I’m supposed to be working.

I upgraded from a sim only deal to a pay monthly phone for iphone 11 yesterday (it was a black friday offer).

I received an order confirmation email and 0.01p was taken out of my account. However, I then received a text from my online banking stating that the upfront payment of £49.99 had been declined by my bank and asking me to confirm that the upfront payment of £49.99 for the phone was genuine - I confirmed it was genuine but they sent a text back saying to contact the retailer as I might need to make the payment again. The £49.99 has not come out of my account.

I then received an email from iD stating that you’re experiencing minor delays processing orders for dispatch.

Shortly after, I received another two emails from iD saying that you need to speak to me about my order because some details look like they are incorrect and that the sales team will try to get in touch over the next few days - if they fail to get through to me after 2 attempts, they’ll cancel the order. I presume the issue is because my bank declined the transaction and i had to approve it. No one has contacted me yet and I’d like to get the phone asap seeing as when I ordered, it said it would be next day delivery. I don’t know whether my order has gone through and whether I’ll be receiving the phone - I don’t want to miss out on the black friday discount on the deal because of the delay in sorting this out? I’d rather cancel and re-order through carphone warehouse if I’m going to have to wait a long time.

Can you let me know what’s going on or help me to cancel my order? 

Thanks

Hello @katieh1406,

sorry to hear that.

From what you’ve advised, it doesn’t seem like the order has completed.

Sadly we can’t process any orders from this platform so if you haven’t been able to get this sorted and would like us to cancel this, please let us know.

Monies shouldn’t have been taken and any pending funds are just held by the bank and returned to you automatically.

@iphone12mini,

I’ll send you a PM so we can look into this for you.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?