Question

Activate sim and enter PAC abroad

Userlevel 1

Can I put a new IDmobile SIM card in my phone and activate it by porting over to IDmobile and buying a monthly deal when I'm in Spain? Or does the sim need to be activated in England? I’m switching over to IDmobile but am on a long holiday so my UK flatmate will send the sim out to me in Spain. Should she activate it in her phone first in England?

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

@ElsBells, I think you’d need to be in the UK to activate the SIM and port your number.

iD do not operate their own network in Spain - you’d be using a mobile network operated by one of their roaming partners.

Good luck.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @ElsBells,

To prevent any issues whilst roaming, we would suggest activating the SIM card and also completing the number port within the UK first.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Thanks guys but this is what CHAT told me today:

In regards to your new sim, you can activate it in Spain. All you would need to do once you receive the sim is contact us via the live chat as you have done with me today and we will activate the sim for you. That is 100% correct, once you get your new sim you would just need to contact us to activate it for you and once that is done we will be able to assist you in opening your new online account so that you can access your account via the app or website.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @ElsBells,

I can confirm that’s incorrect. A SIM card has to be used at least once in the UK before any roaming capabilities would be allowed.

If you let me know what date and time that Livechat took place, we’ll get that error fed back to you.

Will

Userlevel 1

Hello Will,

ok, so I am getting really annoyed with IDmobile now. I am only ever given conflicting information. I have checked this situation twice, been given the ok, and now my flatmate has posted the sim to me in Spain (without opening the envelope of course).

How come your CHAT employees seem to know less than the community? CHAT even say they are checking everything.

So now what am I supposed to do? Please help. Thank you.

Chat start time  Fri, 13 Aug 2021 08:16:33 GMT
Chat end time  Fri, 13 Aug 2021 08:34:05 GMT
Duration (actual chatting time)  00:17:31
Operator  Zubair
Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @ElsBells,

There is nothing we can do sorry, as advised by myself @Ryan and @andewhite , what you’re wanting to do can’t be done. Was there a particular reason you asked chat for an answer when we had alright provided it sorry?

Cheers for the info on the chat, we’ll get that fed back so further training can be provided.

Will

Userlevel 1

Dear Will,

all things point to Community being a bunch of NON-EMPLOYEES who share their advice…..and previous community experiences have given me a load of incorrect and conflicting advice.

CHAT points to being employees - official - and CORRECT information.

Plus CHAT are available, instantly personalised, a two-way conversation and don’t mean waiting for Community to reply.

It all comes down to not having a contact email address or contact phone number for IDmobile - fair enough that that’s your business model.

Is it possible for you to please arrange for another SIM to be sent to me (without charging another monthly packet price) and I’ll get my flatmate to activate it in the UK?

Many thanks, Eleanor.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @ElsBells,

Sorry for any confusion here.

Are you looking or a replacement SIM card with the same number or for a new SIM to be sent with a new number with a plan already added?

Thanks,

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hello Kash,

I want to make IDmobile my network provider. I will buy a monthly pay as you go SIM only plan. I will keep my existing number.

So I need a new SIM. I was told I activate the SIM, buy a plan, give the PAC code and set-up an account all at the same time via CHAT once I receive the SIM.

Userlevel 1

Hello Kash,

are you still there? I haven’t heard back from you.

Cheers, Eleanor.

Userlevel 1

Hello,

could Kash or Will or Ryan please reply to me.

Ryan and Will have to be ‘following’ before I can send a private message. I sent one to Kash but still haven’t heard back.

I just need another sim to be sent but without charging me again.

Please answer and assist.

Many thanks, Eleanor.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @ElsBells 

We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details and issue you a replacement SIM card, so that you can activate the SIM in the UK.

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks. 

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Why iD Mobile?