Solved

am connected to the id apn but tethering says no internet

• 8 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

So I used the default settings for the apn and setup tethering as I would use at home in UK, but always says no internet. 

I have a data add on and can browse internet with mobile but can't share the connection. Get same reasons from Windows Laptop and iPad. 

Am in Gran Canaria and tried switching networks but same result.

icon

Best answer by Chris Dolan 14 August 2021, 08:34

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Chris Dolan,

If I understand correctly, you’re able to use roaming fine but can’t tether devices?

Tethering is down to the handset settings and it’s something we don’t officially support so we can’t provide assistance with troubleshooting.

We’d recommend contacting the phone manufacturer for further info.

As long as Roaming is working fine on the device the SIM is being used in, then Roaming is setup correctly.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Tethering works fine at home so this most likely is down to you guys and the way the apn works

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Chris Dolan,

It sounds like it may be then.

Try add a brand new APN setting with the following:

Name: iD
APN: id
Username: <leave blank>
Password:    <leave blank>

MMSC: http://mms.um.idmobile.co.uk:10021/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mms.idmobile.co.uk
MMS APN Username: <leave blank>
MMS APN Password: <leave blank>
MMS Port: 8799

* anything with <leave blank> should be left blank

Then delete all other ones and select this new one.

These may have exactly the same settings as your existing one selected, but in the past this has fixed this.

If this doesn’t work after restarting, then open the APN, tape the 3 dots and then reset to default.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

No that still didn’t work. Fortunately I found the solution off another website, that suggested adding DUN to the APN type. It worked straight away. I think iD support is not good as I never saw that solution anywhere here. They ought to know.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Cheers for sharing @Chris Dolan, that’s really helpful.

Take care,

Will

Why iD Mobile?