Question

Apn abroad

• 16 August 2018
  • 33 replies

Userlevel 1
Hello I am abroad on I’d mobile on an iPhone 6. I cannot roam. I have configured phone and I’d account to allow roaming. I see forum suggests manually configuring apn settings but it appears I’d sim has removed ability to alter or wipe apn settings. Help!

33 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi Freda, did you look to see if you could find Profiles anywhere else on your phone, it should show even if nothing is in there.

Phil.
If I go to Settings - General, there is not a Profiles option listed😱

I have had this issue every time I’ve been to Europe with my iD SIM in my iPhone 6. Pretty disappointing. Apple says that the network provider controls the APN visibility settings. iD says they can’t access them, which seems bizarre as iD must be pushing APN settings to the SIMs. Has anyone at iD continued to look into this as I’m going to Europe soon and would like to be able to use my phone then? Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Freda Checks,

Do you have a non-iD SIM you could put in the phone?

If you’re able to do this and check if the APN settings show?

If so, do this and configure the correct APN settings and then swap back to your iD SIM. I’m hoping this allows you to set-up the APN’s correctly.

Mohammed

I am currently in Germany, no mobile data but can use texts and calls on my Google Pixel 4a (5G) just have the 4G symbol next to the data bars with an exclamation mark in it, I've tried literally everything from resetting phone to resetting and manually typing APN to manually switching networks -all has led to nothing

I'm in Germany, can text and call on Google Pixel 4a (5G) but data is not accessible, I've tried turning roaming/phone/ data on and off many times, manually inputting the APN and resetting network system etc, you think of it and I've tried it - I'm desperate for solutions, I'm here for another 2 months in a country I don't know so well and if i have no mobile data i won't be able to look at maps/ trains etc because the wifi here is pretty awful in general

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you enabled roaming in your iD My Account online?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @James Beech, please make sure Data Roaming is enabled in both your iD Mobile account, and in your handset’s settings.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?