Solved

Calling mobile when roaming

• 23 June 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Can anyone please tell me if I call a mobile number when in Spain, will it come from my own or will I be charged extra? My husband is taking his phone too but he is with a different network and also thinking that the holiday rep will have a mobile number we may need to call if we need them.
Thanks
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 24 June 2018, 14:53

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @MrsSP,

Welcome to our iD Community.

If you're Roaming in Spain, then calls to UK numbers as well as Spain numbers are included in your allowances.

You can find more info on which countries are included here.

Our countries are separated in Band 1 and Ban 2.

If you're in a Band 1 country, you can call any other Band 1 country as part of your allowances.

You can't call Spain when you're in the UK though as this is considered international usage.

Hope this helps.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Does the allowance include UK and Spanish mobile numbers?
Also, if I'm calling a uk mobile number which is in Spain whilst I am in Spain, will it come from my allowance?
Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @MrsSP,

Your Inclusive allowance covers both UK and Spanish numbers.
If the person you're calling is in Spain whilst you're in Spain, yes, it'll still be included.

Even if the person was roaming in a non-inclusive country like USA, you would not be charged. This is because, as far as you know, it's a UK number belonging to a UK network. The other person is roaming, so he is accepting the charges for receiving calls when abroad. For you, it's just a normal call like you were in the UK.

I've also done a little diagram that may help.

The flag just represents the country you're in. So the first column under the UK flag is if you're in the UK. The second column under the Spain flag is if you're in Spain.
(This applies if you have minutes, texts and data remaining. We still have an EU Fair Usage Policy that applies).

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?