Solved

Calls from foreign numbers

• 28 September 2020
  • 9 replies

I am getting up to 15 calls per day which only ring twice then cut off and the call origin shows counttries from all over the world.

icon

Best answer by Rory 31 October 2020, 15:19

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Ken Pickersgill,

Sorry to hear that.

You can try blocking the calls via the call log/phone section of your device.

Not all devices have the function to block numbers though.

Also be cautious when registering for accounts and services and ensure marketing isn’t selected.

You can also register your number to the Telephone Preference Service (TPS) https://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/index.html 

Mohammed

Thank you Mohammed, in 40 calls each number has two or three different digits at the end of the number so even though I block each call another one rings.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Ken Pickersgill,

As long as you keep blocking, they will eventually stop.

Will

Userlevel 1

Hi Ken we are having the same issue with my sons mobile, no matter how many times we block one number another will ring. Ranging from Sierra Leon, Botswana to São Paulo! He had 20 calls yesterday, so frustrating.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Sorry to hear about this, @EmmaW. We’re able to change your son’s number if you require. There’s a £25 fee and we’ll need the account holder to contact us directly. Just let us know if you’d like to get the ball rolling on this.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

Thanks Rory, he is due an upgrade soon (when I say he I mean me 😆) so I think we will get a number change then. Thanks for the reply though. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Okie doke, just to confirm, upgrading would mean keeping the same number, so you’d still need to drop us a line here, unless you meant you’re looking at taking out an entirely new line? :)

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

Ah ok, well I would probably look at doing the latter then. Thanks again Rory. Thankfully he’s a typical teen so rarely answers his phone anyway 😂

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hahaha, what’s another number to ignore, eh?! :joy:

Take care!

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?