Solved

Can i call a French mobile number and a French landline number whilst i am in France on holiday with my ID mobile Sim Only Sim Card?

• 5 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Can i call a French mobile number and a French landline number whilst i am in France on my unlimited UK mobile phone call allowance on holiday with my ID mobile Sim Only Monthly Pay as you go Card? Or will it cost me more?

icon

Best answer by Rory 5 April 2022, 18:56

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @adb000, when in France, you can use your allowances as if you were at home, with no extra charge. So calls to France, from France, would simply come out of your allowance of minutes. 

You can also call any of the Band 1 destinations shown here at no extra charge.

Thank you,

Rory

Thanks Rory.

But when I am home eg UK and phone France it does not come out from my allowance in minutes I would pay out of allowance charges for phoning France. So phoning a French mobile or landline from my UK mobile whilst based in France, I will be charged out of allowance charges just like I would if I was in the UK. Am I not right?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @adb000, if you called a French number from the UK, it’d be chargeable, yes. However, if you’re already in France, it’d come out of your allowances. As per the Roaming page I linked to:

[Inclusive EU roaming] lets you roam like at home in 50 destinations throughout the EU, EEA and beyond. The minutes, texts and data you use simply come out of your remaining monthly allowances (subject to our fair usage & open data policies).

When you're in one of our 50 Inclusive roaming destinations (Band 1 or Band 2), you can use your minutes to call the UK or the same destination you're in.

If you're in a Band 1 destination, you can also use your minutes to call any other Band 1 destination.

Hope that clears things up for you :)

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?