Question

cannot use phone whilst in turkey

I landed in turkey yesterday and cannot use the phone. 

I can receive calls and text but cannot make/send or have data. The phone was purchased from you brand new.

Ive reset phone, ive made sure roaming in on, ive been on my account tonmake sure international and roaming is on, ive switched network providers manually and ive added the new vpn as it says but still nothing.

This seems to be a common thing going back many years. My daughter is is on 3 and hers works.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Martyn Smith 1985, usage in Turkey is charged extra so it sounds like your bill cap might be set to £0.00, or has otherwise been hit. Could you check that for me?

You can find the most up-to-date charges by selecting Turkey from the dropdown menu on this page.

Thank you,

Rory

Rory 

I have unlimited everything, but how would i check that i have 0.00 bill cap?

Regards

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @Martyn Smith 1985, you have unlimited allowances in the UK, but you can’t use these in Turkey as it’s not an inclusive roaming destination. Any usage there will be charged extra, so if your bill cap is set to £0.00, you won’t be able to use any services.

To check this, log into the iD Mobile app or My Account, and go to Services > Cap my extra usage charges > Edit my capped limit.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?