Solved

Connecting to id in New Zealand

• 4 November 2019
  • 8 replies

Hi,

is it possible to use my id number in New Zealand?  I can’t connect at the moment.

regards,

Mark

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 4 November 2019, 15:28

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Travelling Man

New Zealand isn’t an inclusive Roaming destination as found here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/eu-roaming so you can’t use your phone here like you ould in the UK for free, however, we do support Roaming in New Zealand and this would be with a charge.

You can find the charges below:

Mohammed

Hi Mohammed,

thanks for your reply.  I understand that, but which network do I connect to over here?

Mark

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello Mark,

It’s the Spark & 2Degrees network we support.

Mohammed

Hi,

I hope you do not mind me asking a similar question about New Zealand.

I have a lot of my bank accounts and other apps linked to my ID mobile number. Such that when I log in, the bank and other apps will send me a text for a code to enter. Will I still be able to receive these text messages in New Zealand using my ID mobile number?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Mia Yap 

I don’t quite see why you’d have any issue receiving these texts, as long as roaming is turned on you should be okay!

Tom

Will Id mobile contract handsets accept SIM cards from the 2 named NZ providers earlier in this topic.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Will Id mobile contract handsets accept SIM cards from the 2 named NZ providers earlier in this topic.

I don’t know, but these two NZ mobile networks probably have a list of supported handsets on their respective web sites - might be worth taking a look online.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

FYI, the current list of international roaming partners, in the “Where can I use inclusive roaming?” community FAQ, shows Spark and NZ Communications as iD Mobile’s roaming partners in NZ.

Why iD Mobile?