Solved

Connecting to id in New Zealand

• 4 November 2019
  • 8 replies

Hi,

is it possible to use my id number in New Zealand?  I can’t connect at the moment.

regards,

Mark

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 4 November 2019, 15:28

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Will Id mobile contract handsets accept SIM cards from the 2 named NZ providers earlier in this topic.

FYI, the current list of international roaming partners, in the “Where can I use inclusive roaming?” community FAQ, shows Spark and NZ Communications as iD Mobile’s roaming partners in NZ.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Will Id mobile contract handsets accept SIM cards from the 2 named NZ providers earlier in this topic.

I don’t know, but these two NZ mobile networks probably have a list of supported handsets on their respective web sites - might be worth taking a look online.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Mia Yap 

I don’t quite see why you’d have any issue receiving these texts, as long as roaming is turned on you should be okay!

Tom

Hi,

I hope you do not mind me asking a similar question about New Zealand.

I have a lot of my bank accounts and other apps linked to my ID mobile number. Such that when I log in, the bank and other apps will send me a text for a code to enter. Will I still be able to receive these text messages in New Zealand using my ID mobile number?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello Mark,

It’s the Spark & 2Degrees network we support.

Mohammed

Hi Mohammed,

thanks for your reply.  I understand that, but which network do I connect to over here?

Mark

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Travelling Man

New Zealand isn’t an inclusive Roaming destination as found here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/eu-roaming so you can’t use your phone here like you ould in the UK for free, however, we do support Roaming in New Zealand and this would be with a charge.

You can find the charges below:

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?