Question

Data roaming in France

Right.. I am now ready to cancel my account.

There is no help from id mobile at all.

I am in France and getting NOTHING from my id sim.

WHY??

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

We were able to resolve this in the end.

My wife's iPhone still had her old sky mobile configuration profile installed still. Once it was deleted data worked.

ID do need to update their guidance regarding manually entering APN info. To iPhones as the network doesn't allow it.

Thanks

You can edit the APN on an iPhone - it’s possible.
I’ve done it myself - iPhone 13 with iOS 15.6.1…
😎

We were able to resolve this in the end.

My wife's iPhone still had her old sky mobile configuration profile installed still. Once it was deleted data worked.

ID do need to update their guidance regarding manually entering APN info. To iPhones as the network doesn't allow it.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi, 

Same thing here. I've read your FAQ, everything looks OK on phone and account and yet I'm not able to browse. 

Hey @crazy-matt, is this a handset or a router you’re using the SIM in?

@Kurt Bettles  the APN might be impacted if it’s only data roaming that’s affected.

Or is Data Roaming turned on as well in the phone settings? As this also needs to be enabled.

Check also Settings > General > Profiles and delete any old profiles that show.

Mohammed

My wife is having the exact same problem in Greece. She's on an iPhone 11 so the APN settings are hidden. 

She can make calls,texts and even send mms (which makes me thing APN) must be ok.

Her phone says it has 4g but gets a cannot activate data network message.

We only joined ID so she could be online on this trip!

Hi, 

Same thing here. I've read your FAQ, everything looks OK on phone and account and yet I'm not able to browse. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@GulfMac,

Are you able to test the SIM in a handset and see if that works fine.

It may also be worth checking that the SIM is compatible with your router, from what you have advised it seems that it may not work in the router.

Kash

Hi Rory.

My roaming is on. But I cannot pick up 4g

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @GulfMac, I’ve merged your threads into one. Did you follow the correct steps before setting off to France, i.e. activating Roaming in your iD Mobile account?

If you still need help after doing so, speak to our Facebook, Twitter or Live Chat team so they can take a look at your account.

Thank you,

Rory

I'm in France right now. I cannot connect my Huawei Router with id sim?

Why iD Mobile?