Question

Data Roaming not working in Germany

• 22 October 2020
  • 3 replies

I have recently moved to Germany from the UK and my calls and texts are working but my mobile data isn’t. I have already configured the APN settings and my data roaming is enabled on my phone and on the ID app. Nothing seems to be working. Is there anything else I can try?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @lillysartison,

Which phone are you using? If it is an iPhone please ensure that there are no profiles listed within the settings of the phone. If there are some from other networks, please delete them.

Also just a heads up, our SIM cards are intended to be mainly used in the UK with roaming only being offered on a temporary basis I’m afraid so we would advise that you potentially look into acquiring a local SIM card now that you live abroad as your services may be restricted down the line as per our fair usage policy.

Ryan

It’s a Samsung.

Yeah I’m looking into that too but it’s only the academic year and I’ll be back home for the holidays so I was hoping to keep the sim if possible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

It’s a Samsung.

Yeah I’m looking into that too but it’s only the academic year and I’ll be back home for the holidays so I was hoping to keep the sim if possible.

Hello @lillysartison,

Is the Mobile Data switch turned on? (not the Data Roaming)?

You’d need to turn on Mobile data just so you can connect to this, as well as having Data Roaming turned on and also the correct APN settings.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?