Solved

esim in Mexico?

• 25 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone 👋🏼 

I’m travelling to Mexico, and as my phone is showing as unlocked and is a compatible handset, I was planning to get an esim (using the nomad app), so that I can have data whilst there and not have another number for the trip etc. 

However, when searching to triple check eligibility, I saw that maybe I can’t get an esim with ID mobile even though I have an iPhone 13, is this correct? 

As I’m travelling alone I’d prefer to be able to keep tracking services, maps and Uber usable, but it looks like roaming will cost me! 

thanks, 
Sarah

icon

Best answer by Rory 25 February 2022, 14:58

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @Sarah O, unfortunately, that is the case: we don’t currently support eSIM functionality. Sorry to disappoint :(

GPS will still work without data services though, and you can download maps before you travel so you can navigate offline. Find out how here.

Things iike Uber, however, will cost to use if you can’t find a Wi-Fi connection. You can always find the latest roaming costs here.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

Thanks Rory - as my phone’s unlocked, can I buy a sim in Mexico and swap it out if I need to? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @Sarah O, yep, you should be able to pop a local SIM in while you’re out there. Good shout :)

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?