Solved

Fair Usage Policy while roaming

• 6 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi, The Fair Usage Policy states:

if you roam more than you use your phone at home (we mean in the UK) over a 4-month period, we might think you’re permanently roaming”.

Not completely clear what this means, am I right in assuming it is time based, i.e. if you use your phone more days abroad (irrespective of volume of data/calls) than in the U.K. in a 4 month period you may be suspected of permanently roaming.  If this is the case in a 4 month period where there has been roaming how are days counted where there has been no usage, are they seen as roaming or non roaming days ?

Do I even need to be concerned as the Policy then goes on to say “we'll also ask you to provide some sort of proof that you have strong ties to the UK, like a UK bill or bank statement”, I live in the U.K. so I can do this so it would appear I could roam without restriction ! Can anyone clarify ?

icon

Best answer by Ryan 7 October 2020, 16:37

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Axarquian,

You are correct, it is time-based. The policy simply means that if you consistently connect to roaming services for 4 months straight without using the SIM card back in the UK within that time frame then it may be flagged on our system and you would then be contacted further to understand more on your current situation.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?