Solved

Fake Calls from overseas

• 27 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

For some reason I have started to receive many overseas calls from many different countries ( including Chad, Morocco, Moscow, Belarus, Nicaragua, Cyprus, Somalia, Montenegro, Poland, Cuba, ,Burundi, Cameroon, Niue, Serbia, and Turkmenistan) which ring once and then hang up immediately.

My research on google indicates that theses are bogus calls from premium sites trying to entice me to call them back which I had thought I had prevented by instigating the function of “ Silence Unknown callers” on my iPhone.

I have however noticed my recent bill is showing “ domestic calls out of plan” charges of 35p for calls on 22/12/20 which I think have inadvertently occurred because I pressed the (I) key in the “recent numbers “ function  which resulted in a returned call for a second or so.
I am really getting annoyed at the volume of calls that are appearing and wonder if there is anything I can do to stop these calls.

My only thoughts to date are to change my mobile number which I am reluctant to do but I have received 12 calls today already 12 calls yesterday and 12 the previous day. The calling numbers change slightly each time.

I would appreciate any help .

Many thanks

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 29 December 2020, 15:38

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Steve070459,

Sorry to hear your number is receiving spam calls from international numbers.

You can try TrueCall which helps identify these numbers.

Sadly we can’t block them from our end.

The only option we have is a re-number or porting over a new number.

Re-numbers carry a one-off £25.00 charge.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

most helpful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

most helpful.

Thanks @Steve070459,

Have a great new year and let us know if you need any further help.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?