Question

How much is it to call the UK from Spain?

• 1 August 2022
  • 4 replies

I have an UK account and I am in Spain. Can I free call to UK numbers? 

1. I have been overcharged from my permanent settle plan. how Can I request a phone call or chat to clarify it to claim my issue ?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Amania Amania!

If you’re in Spain and looking to call the UK it looks like it’ll cost 40p per minute on a monthly plan! If you’re on a Pay as you go plan it’ll cost 3p per minute. I’d always recommend checking the International Calling & Roaming page on our site!

I’m unsure what is meant from your permanent settle plan? If you’re looking for quick support I’d recommend speaking to our teams on Facebook, Twitter or the iD Mobile Live Chat so we can look into this specific issue!

Tom

If you’re in Spain and looking to call the UK it looks like it’ll cost 40p per minute on a monthly plan!

That is clearly incorrect. “The minutes, texts and data you use simply come out of your monthly allowances“.

The charges only apply if you’ve reached the limits of your plan. How come you don’t know this if you’re an ID employee?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I suspect that the inclusion of the text about being overcharged led @Tom to believe that they had no remaining minutes, and so wanted to know the cost per minute or maybe why they were overcharged? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Amania Amania, if you’re in Spain and you call the UK, it’ll simply come out of your allowances. No extra cost.

If you’ve gone over your allowance, you’ll be charged 40p per minute, although most iD plans come with unlimited minutes now, so this is unlikely.

If you don’t understand why you’ve been charged extra, I’d recommend speaking to the FacebookTwitter or Live Chat teams who can take a look at your account and provide some clarity.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?