Solved

How to dial out of the UK ?

Userlevel 1
Good morning,
I suscribed to the iD Mobile Monthly rollover offer and it is working fine within the UK. I read that I can apparently use my phone in the EU (data roaming, calls, ..). I would like to know how I can myself from the UK dial somebody living in another country of the EU (France in my case). Indeed, anytime I try to call people in France, it cancels out and I get an automatic message saying that this feature is not comprised in my offer.
Regards
icon

Best answer by Gregor 2 May 2019, 17:34

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @GDT

Feature you mentioning here is called "International calling". It must be activated within ID Mobile App or by logging to your Account on your PC's Browser.

Below I have included screenshot showing the correct toggle so would be easier for you to find it.

Let us know if that worked for you

Kind Regards
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @GDT,

Please follow @Hikari's advice above and let us know how it goes. Also, ensure that you're using the countries dialling code too.

Ryan
Userlevel 1
Hi @Ryan @Hikari,
I made sure the "international" feature was activated and I indeed used the appropriate dialing code but still it is not working.
The message I get says that I cannot make any call due to the fact that I have reach my cap limit.
I suppose it is different from the "Extra Usage Charges" cap on the Dashboard because dialing out of the UK does not imply extra charge.
Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @GDT

Calling out of UK will apply additional charges under "International calls" charge table which you can find on ID Mobile website. What are you getting included in your plan is calling UK from France while you are on Holidays over there using your ID Mobile. Your call also would be included in your allowance if you would call British number which currently is in France.

Kind Regards
Userlevel 1
Hi @Hikari,
Thank you, now it is clear.

Kind regards

Why iD Mobile?