Question

I am not recieving text messages from abroad since i joined iD, please help.

Userlevel 1
I am not receiving text messages from abroad since I joined iD couple of weeks ago, but the person is receiving my texts.

59 replies

@Olivier C, are you sure all French companies are setup to send SMS verification messages to non-French mobile numbers?

Be reassured I’ve done lots of tests. I’m looking for some ID mobile tech support like other people have received in this thread.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Olivier C, are you sure all French companies are setup to send SMS verification messages to non-French mobile numbers?

Be reassured I’ve done lots of tests. I’m looking for some ID mobile tech support like other people have received in this thread.

I am not receiving text messages from abroad since I joined iD couple of weeks ago, but the person is receiving my texts.

Hi @Olivier C  and @Ingi77,

We’ll shortly send you both a Private Message to your Community accounts, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

I’m having the same problem after joining iD. I’m abe to receive sms from Israel to UK. But not from Ireland!! Outgoing messages work fine. But when I send to Ireland, I get an iD reply warning me about the cost of texting abroad. When I text Israel, I get no such warning from iD. I’ve also noticed that replies from Israel are often doubled up. Looking at the thread, there is clearly an ongoing problem with iD and receiving international SMS. A problem that catches users by surprise when they need it most. I’ve been with them for months before a crisis emerged with my own family and the network now turns out to be entirely inadequate. Very disappointed to see that this thread is two years old and clearly ongoing.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Gerryb, we’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Thank you,

Rory

I am also having trouble recieving texts from abroad – in my case Denmark. My fiance (not with iD) receives my mum's texts fine, but I'm not receiving anything.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @LucaK,

Are you able to check that your number is saved with the correct dialing code?

Do you have any issues receiving calls from your mother?

Please let us know and we can advise further.

Kash

Hi @LucaK,

Are you able to check that your number is saved with the correct dialing code?

Do you have any issues receiving calls from your mother?

Please let us know and we can advise further.

Kash

Hi @Kash 

Thanks for your response.

The number is saved correctly. We’ve even tried her deleting me from her contacts and her specifically using the number that comes up when I contact her – which was with “+44” rather than “0044”.

We have tested this morning and she cannot call me either. She gets a voice telling her that the number doesn’t exist. I can call and text her fine. 

We’ve not tested her calling my partner, but as I said she can text them just fine.

Hello,

I have 2x ID mobile lines and both have the same problem still in March 2022.

Can we please get this service unblocked for both of my lines as soon as possible? Or I will have to switch mobile network promptly.

Btw: Both lines have “international“ and “roaming“ enabled!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@harryf,

Is your issue receiving texts from international numbers also?

If so are you able to receive international calls without any issues?

Kash

@harryf,

Is your issue receiving texts from international numbers also?

If so are you able to receive international calls without any issues?

Kash

Hi Kash,

It’s about receiving texts from international numbers, yes.

My 2 idmobiel lines do not receive texts from non-UK numbers apparently.

I’ve not tested the issue with calls, I’m afraid.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@harryf,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Hi @Kash 

I’m glad you helping Harry, but could you follow up on my query as well, please?

To update, we have now established that my mum can call me. No idea why it wasn’t working before, but it is now.

Her texts still do not reach me. My dad’s texts are not reaching me either (same Danish network).

Any help?

FYI, they still haven't done anything or even begun looking into it yet for us. 

Absolutely shambles service. 

This is core functionality that is expected from mobile service providers across the world. The fact that ID Mobile cannot get their act together on this is quite astonishing.

Joining this network was a major false economy. 

We will in increasing likelihood move to another network. 

@harryf Thanks for the heads up. I might have to look elsewhere too, depending on how this plays out...

Userlevel 1

I have a similar problem with Dutch numbers.

With Hungarian numbers I can receive and send. With Dutch numbers I can send but cannot receive their reply (although they confirm via my wife that they receive mine and they can txt other UK numbers).

When my wife is in Netherlands I can txt with her - presumably because she has a UK number.

The problem only exists since joining iD in 2022.

What is the solution?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Pete Younger,

Can you confirm that the numbers are saved as +44 or 0044 before them?

If this is in the correct format and still not working, please let us know and we will investigate further.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Kash

Thanks for replying but not sure what your reply means …

… Netherlands numbers have a +31 prefix on mobiles

… +44 numbers are UK so I have no problem with them

Pete

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Pete Younger,

Can you confirm that the sender has the correct dialling code for the UK and that you have either 0031 or +31 before the numbers.

Kash

@harryf,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Hi good morning I have the same problem. I can’t receive messages from Portugal. My family and friends from Portugal text me and I’m not receiving their texts, but when they text my wife and son they receive their messages. Something it’s wrong with my side. Can I get help please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@harryf,

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Hi good morning I have the same problem. I can’t receive messages from Portugal. My family and friends from Portugal text me and I’m not receiving their texts, but when they text my wife and son they receive their messages. Something it’s wrong with my side. Can I get help please?

Hello @NunoP,

Where are you right now?

Are you in the UK or Portugal?

Can you use other services like data, make calls, send texts?

Mohammed

Hi yes I can make calls use data and send texts. I’m currently in Portugal but the problem was already the same when I was in England. Since I switched over to id mobile that the problem started. Now that I am in Portugal on holiday it still the same. So I can do everything normal I just don’t receive texts from international numbers. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @NunoP

If I understand correctly, you receive texts from from other UK numbers and companies?

If so, the issue is either linked to a setting with your Messaging app such as iMessage or Android messages or linked to the numbers of the networks who are texting you.

Those users will need to raise the issue with their network, since you have no issues with your own Roaming.

Make sure they have the +44 for your number as this can be a possible reason why it’s failing also.

Mohammed

Hi definitely not a problem with the settings or the phone. I’ve tried different phones and even resetting my one and the problem still the same. And all  the people I don’t received the texts from, they texting other members of my family even some on Id mobile without problems. Plus this problem of me not receiving messages from my friends and family from Portugal only started since the switch to Id mobile from previous network. Before when on the previous network I was receiving their texts fine. 

I actually raised the issue with Id mobile before coming to Portugal on holiday and they passed it to the technical department, but I haven’t since heard anything else from them. I was even given a reference number for the referral. 

Looks like no one it’s able to help me 😟😟😟

Why iD Mobile?