Question

I have stopped receiving texts to my ID number/sim whilst in Australia

• 26 June 2020
  • 4 replies

I have been in Australia for a few months now and have a second phone which I use to received banking OTP's etc via my ID mobile with current £3.99 plan.

Over the past few days I can no longer receive texts to this ID number.

If I turn on roaming on the phone I can call Australian numbers and even send a text. I can also receive calls from Australian numbers. I just cannot receive any texts now.

I am unable to call you because the call centre is closed

I have tried both the automatic network operator and I have searched and found 4 other Australian networks and again, I cannot receive text messages.

I've tried switching on and off flight mode and restarting my phone.

I need to do some important Internet banking and I'm unable to do so until I have this issue resolved.

I hope someone can help me with a resolution.

Kind regards

Ian Hornby 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @ian5708,

Can you clarify, is it just OTP’s you’re not receiving texts from or all numbers?

Which Bank(s) are you trying to receive these from?

Has the service ever worked, let’s say when you were in the UK?

Have you spoken to your Bank to make sure they have the correct up to date number?

Mohammed

Hi, 

I'm not getting texts from any numbers in the past 1- 2 weeks. If I text my ID number from my Australia number, no text is received.

I'm trying to receive texts from the Nationwide. 

I have received them in the past and also texts in recent weeks from eBay, Netflix and my bank. I also received one a few weeks back from the Nationwide Building Society.

If I tuen on roaming I can make and receive calls from my ID number and send international texts.

Yes, my bank has the coreect number. I had a text from them a few weeks ago 

Soz now what? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @ian5708 

We’ve messaged you privately here in order to get some more details from you so that we can look into the Nationwide issue.

Regarding the Aussie texts, do you happen to have the dialling code for the UK entered correctly when trying to text from the Australian phone to the UK one?

Why iD Mobile?