Question

international calls not working

Hey everyone 

so my contract includes international calls, yet when I call it says I am unable to. I am going away on holiday so I need to be able to Call the U.K. and other countries. 

my international calls and romaning is on so I am not issue what’s wrong 

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

WHY CAN I NOT CALL INTERNATIONALLY?

so my contract includes international calls, yet when I call it says I am unable to. I am going away on holiday so I need to be able to Call the U.K. and other countries. 

my international calls and romaning is on so I am not sure what the issue is. I turned it on and off, restarted my phone but unable to call abroad and I need to be able to call the U.K. when I am abroad 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Sara Kahdim, international calls are charged extra, so it sounds like you may have your bill cap set to £0.00. Could you double check this for me?

Thank you,

Rory

Hi @Sara Kahdim, international calls are charged extra, so it sounds like you may have your bill cap set to £0.00. Could you double check this for me?

Thank you,

Rory

Hello, 

my cap is £0. So I will be charged extra if I wanted to make international calls? I thought my bundle included that,

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Yes you will be charged for international calls, they are not free.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/international-and-roaming-charges

Yes you will be charged for international calls, they are not free.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/international-and-roaming-charges

Hello, 

Thank you, so can I at least use my data abroad? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Yes but only up to a maximum of 25GB. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Sara Kahdim, it’s a bit odd, but when you’re roaming in a Band 1 destination, you can actually call any other Band 1 destination for free. It’s only when you’re in the UK that you’ll be charged extra.

Can I ask which country you’ll be visiting?

Thank you,

Rory

Hi @Sara Kahdim, it’s a bit odd, but when you’re roaming in a Band 1 destination, you can actually call any other Band 1 destination for free. It’s only when you’re in the UK that you’ll be charged extra.

Thank you,

Rory

Hello, 

I will be visiting Greece in September and I need to be able to use my data and calls 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi @Sara Kahdim, it’s a bit odd, but when you’re roaming in a Band 1 destination, you can actually call any other Band 1 destination for free. It’s only when you’re in the UK that you’ll be charged extra.

Thank you,

Rory

Hello, 

I will be visiting Greece in September and I need to be able to use my data and calls 

When you’re visiting Greece you’ll be able to use your plan’s allowances (calls, texts and mobile data) to call the UK or other Band 1 destinations and use the Internet.

The amount of data you’re allowed to use from your plan’s allowance - while roaming - can be worked out online at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/eu-roaming/fair-usage-policy.

Scroll down to the “Open data policy” section on this page.

Have a good trip..

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Sara Kahdim, in addition to the information in @andewhite’s post, you’ll need to ensure data roaming is enabled on your phone as well as your iD Mobile account.

Be careful if you go out to sea or travel by boat/ferry at any point, as this can cause additional charges by connecting to the maritime network.

Also, if you’re close to the Albanian border at any point and your phone’s network selection is set to automatic, it may connect to an Albanian network which would incur additional charges.

I’d recommend leaving the bill cap set at £0.00.

Any questions, just let us know, and have a great trip! :)

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?