Solved

moving to france

• 26 July 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi, I purchased a phone on a 2 year contract around last year, but have had to move to France suddenly due to work reasons and planning on returning to the UK in a year. I also often travel back to the UK, and so would like to keep my English number. I have purchased a French Sim which I use in France so I am able to use data abroad. Would i still be charged extra?

icon

Best answer by Rory 26 July 2022, 16:08

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Preven Vahesan, if we detect that you’re spending more time in France than you are in the UK over a 4-month period, then we may incur a surcharge on any usage.

Find out more here.

Thank you,

Rory

How would I be able to prevent this? I am currently living in France, but do go back to England when I can, and hoping to return next year. As a result I want to keep my number. In France I use a French sim, but my phone is dual sim which allows me to receive calls from my parents on my English number.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Preven Vahesan, there’s no way to prevent this, unfortunately. Your UK number will remain active though. Perhaps only use it for inbound calls while in France so you’re not charged anything extra?

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?