Question

Need to speak to a human!!!

• 7 March 2022
  • 2 replies

I am about ready to throw this sim in the bin. 

From UK I was told I couldn't call / text anyone in the UK for free but was told that when I came abroad I could call / text other countries including UK for free. 

I am now abroad and I have managed to text 2 UK people included in my unlimited calls and texts. I thought that I would be able to also call / text people staying in the same village as me but looked at my account and I have been charged for every text.

The only thing it will let me do is have online - even that was a stressful nightmare as I needed it find WiFi to access it. 

Has anyone managed to speak to a human yet? I keep trying the helpline with different options and it just says you can do that on the app and hangs up. 

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Anna Hughes,

Unfortunately iD Mobile only provide online support.

Use their LIVE CHAT service to contact a person in the customer service team.

With live chat, you should type “talk to a person” after connecting - this avoids the 24/7 chat-bot.

You can also PM iD Mobile through their social media pages on:

1. Facebook
  2. twitter

It’s always best to chat or PM between 9am - 6pm. By contacting iD between these times, you’ll get a real person to assist with your request.

Anyway, good luck. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Anna Hughes,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with Roaming, let’s see if we can get some support.

In the UK, any iD SIM will be able to call any 01, 02 or 03 landline number or a standard 07 number as part of their inclusive allowance, in otherwords, for free as long as you have minutes left.

Outside of the UK, any usage is considered roaming. 

You can roam abroad in almost any country but only 50 destinations are inclusive of roaming. 

You can find a list of these here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/eu-roaming

If you are abroad in any Band 1 destination, you can call or text UK numbers or any other Band 1 destination as well as the one you’re in at no extra cost as part of your allowances.

I hope that explains.

Which country are you in?

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?