Solved

No coverage in Portugal

• 31 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi. For the past 2 days have been unable to connect to a network operator in Portugal. Everything was fine and suddenly no service whatsoever.  Have tried restarting the device several times and searching for a provider manually but nothing works. Live chat isn't available and no phone number to speak to a human. Any suggestions on how I can try to resolve this issue? Thanks

icon

Best answer by Kevin 31 December 2020, 16:23

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @CeReis,

Any usage longer than 4 continuous months abroad may cause the roaming services to stop working as per our fair usage policy so we’ll have to see if this is the cause of the problems. Another cause could be due to the SIM card failing and a new one may need to be issued.

Are you the named account holder or is it under your mother's name? If yours then let us know and we’ll be able to look into this further. If it’s your mothers, she will need to message us here for further help.

Ryan

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @CeReis 

How long have you been in Portugal so far?  Has anyone else you are with out there had any similar issues?

Could you potentially try your SIM in another phone to see if that works at all?

I believe US or MEO would be networks that are compatible for your to roam on whilst over there.

Hi @Kevin.

My Mum is using my phone in Portugal and she has been, unfortunately, stuck there since March. We are both high risk and traveling has been difficult as a result.

She has tried another device and it still didn't work. 

The device searches for networks and can't find any. 

Why iD Mobile?