Question

No data roaming

• 27 November 2018
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 1
I'm in France and I can make phone calls but can't access the internet. Data roaming is on. I've phoned customer services who said it would be working in half an hour. 10 hrs later and still nothing.

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Chellehod,

I'm sorry to hear this. Which phone are you using as the internet settings within your phone may not be set up correctly.

Ryan
Userlevel 1
Hi it's a Huawei p20 lite
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @Chellehod,
Have you read this topic here: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/coverage-international-roaming-24/how-to-prepare-your-phone-for-a-trip-abroad-182

This should have the steps you need to do to enable Roaming on your device.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Yep I've looked at that topic. Data roaming is on. I've checked APN settings but still no data
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Chellehod,

Please can you send us a screenshot of your APN settings page so we can take a look at the configuration?

Ryan
Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1
Hi I've attached images of APN settings. We're back in the UK now 😞
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Chellehod,

Thank you for those screenshots; everything does look in order like you say. As you're back in the UK, I'm guessing that your mobile data is now working again?

Ryan
Userlevel 1
Yep all fine now I'm in the UK. Our car broke down in France and it was very annoying that I had no data so I could find a local garage to help us. We also needed Google translate to help us speak to the locals. Very disappointed with iD.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Chellehod,

Sorry to hear we weren't able to diagnose the fault to get to the bottom of this.

You can try deleting your APN settings and re-adding them as well as checking Roaming is turned on both in the iD app and on the phone settings.

Failing that, just let us know if you face the issues again so we can investigate what may be causing this.

Mohammed
Mohammed and Ryan, you are giving out the same BS information you have been giving many of us for some time. You know that iD has a data roaming problem and have yet to fix it, so why not admit it🤔

How can you mark this as SOLVED just because the OP is back in the UK?

It remains unsolved😱
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Freda Checks,

I'm sorry that you feel we are providing you with incorrect information here, however we are always as accurate as possible and we have no intention to mislead anyone.

Our mobile data service does work whilst roaming abroad and often we find that it is in fact a direct device issue that has caused the problem or the automatic network selection needs changing from within the phone settings, along with the APN settings requiring adjustment.

I have marked the topic as unresolved as I can see that this wasn't actually resolved; the OP may have marked this themselves in error after they posted their last reply.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?