Question

Phone not accepting calls abroad

• 6 August 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi there,

I’ve just moved to Canada and wanted to keep my ID Mobile number running. I also have given it to Canada border services to check if I am following quarantine rules and need it for work so need some urgent support!

I can’t make any calls out - I just get three beeps. 

I can’t receive any calls - I’m told the message says this number is not accepting calls currently. 

I’ve had roaming and international calls enabled on my account for some time, and have checked this on my app, I have restarted my phone and there seems no answer in other people’s questions to solve this. 

Can anybody help!

Best
Greg

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @GREG_SB , what’s the make and model of the handset? Do you have access to the APN settings? If so deleting them and turning the handset off and on again may help us here.

Will

Hi Will,

Thanks for coming back to me. It’s an iphone 6s handset. I’ve tried resetting network settings  and turned if off and on again but that doesn’t seem to have helped. I can’t see an option for APN changes in my settings so must be hidden. Weirdly I just received a call from a canadian number which seemed to work ok but my UK contacts cannot call me and I can’t call them!

Very strange

Greg

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello Greg,

When you’re calling UK numbers are you dialling +44 and then the UK number bar the 0?

e.g. our number 0333 003 7777 becomes +44333 003 7777

You’ll need to make sure that you’re using the correct dialling code when ringing out or the call will not connect.

This means updating your contacts to ensure that they contain +44 when saved.

Roaming in Canada is not inclusive of your allowances and you’ll be charged:

£6.00 for calls per minute to UK,  & Canada numbers.

£1.50 per minute for calls received

£1.20 for Texts to UK & Canada numbers

£0.60 per MMS message sent

£9.60 per MB of data used

With that in mind, please ensure that your cap is set to allow these calls. It’s possible that you received the call at £1.50 per minute until your cap was reached and now unable to make or receive further calls.

Mohammed

Hi had same problem for a long time.

Went to settings, connections, network operators. Tuned off auto connect and tried to connect to to a different network manually. This didn't work, tuned auto connect back on and was then able receive calls again immediately. 

Hope this helps.

Why iD Mobile?