Solved

Roaming charges in croatia

• 20 August 2020
  • 5 replies

I have been charged for data roaming whilst in Croatia despite the fact that I have plenty of data, calls and texts left in my monthly allowance. Why is this? I tried querying this in online chat but it never seems to be available 

icon

Best answer by Will 20 August 2020, 20:00

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Andybud,

Whilst you’ve been in Croatia, have you been on any boat ships? How near the coast are you staying? it may have something to do with the mast your phone is connecting to you see.

Will

No, No boat trips. Been on the mainland near to main city. The charges occurred within first few hours of arrival and hit the additional charges that I had set on my account. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Did you use the internet whilst on the plane there @Andybud?

Will

No, only turned airplane mode off and roaming on when I arrived at destination airport. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Andybud,

Thanks for that. Please can you confirm which destination in Croatia you have visited? We can see if it is close to any non-EU international borders which can cause something like this to happen.

If you would prefer to give this information to us in private then let us know and we’ll have a member of our Support Team send you a PM you here.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?