Question

Roaming in Europe for extended period

• 18 October 2021
  • 18 replies

Hi,

Could someone please assist me on this via private message?

Many thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Ana

This topic has been closed for comments

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Anatinoco,

We would only go to PM if the issue was account specific or if this is a very private issue.

Based on the topic title it seems to be in regards to Roaming in Europe for an extended period.

Can you clarify how long you will be there for?

Our EU Fair Usage Policy doesn’t apply until 4-months of usage.

We send a text usually around the 3-month mark advising extra charges could be incurred and you can message us to provide proof you still have strong ties to the UK which can often prevent these.

Our services aren’t designed to be used permanently abroad though.

Info on this can be found here:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/eu-roaming/fair-usage-policy

If you still need help, please let us know.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Maybe a similar query. I’m looking at taking one of your Black Friday deals for my son but I have one concern. We live in Northern Ireland but my son has recently started a degree at University in Dublin (Republic of Ireland). He will be living there for two 10-12 week blocks for his two main semesters. ID Mobiles roaming policy seems pretty good but it does point out that this is outside its normal roaming policy. 

Can you give me any guidance on how you would be likely to treat us in this case? Your tariffs will be significantly less attractive if we end up with an additional daily roaming surcharge.

And before someone suggests a dual sim phone, my son is unfortunately fully bought in to Apple and only an iPhone will do. 

He’s definitely going to still be a UK permanent resident but what, if anything are our options?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Baldrick45 

As long as the SIM is used in the UK around every 4 months then there should not be any issues. 

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

Hi Moshin.

Really helpful reply but I don’t see the button to confirm this.

Anyway - thanks for the answer - I’ll be joining the network soon then - Just waiting to see if your deals get even a tiny bit better on actual Black Friday.

Thanks - Baldrick45.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Baldrick45 

If you have any issues feel free to message us here. You can also speak to our Live chat team below: 

Live Chat | iD Mobile Network

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

Hi reading the above seems different to what new policy change is now saying today. So if I use 50 GB in Spain on unlimited SIM no charges would be  made?

Userlevel 1

If new policy has been made surely it should have been made publicly ? So when was unlimited SIM EU usage policy changed ?

Userlevel 1

if you roam more than you use your phone at home (we mean in the UK) over a 4-month period, we might think you’re permanently roaming. If so, we'll take the following action:First of all, we'll send you a text reminding you of the fair usage policy. If you don't change your usage behaviour to comply with it, we'll also ask you to provide some sort of proof that you have strong ties to the UK, like a UK bill or bank statement.If you don’t provide any proof of having strong ties to the UK, and you continue to roam in the EU more than you use your plan in the UK, we'll apply a surcharge to your EU roaming usage. When we do this we'll send you another text message - to make you're aware of the situation, and give you a second chance to stop roaming and avoid charges.The surcharges that will be applied to your account if you exceed our fair usage limits are:

• 3.2p per minute
  • 1p per text
  • 0.59p per MB
Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Stephen Cooper,

What is it specifically you’d like help with sorry?

Will

Userlevel 1

I have ordered unlimited SIM and just need confirmation EU fair usage is not effected on this product for 1 week in Spain? Thanks Will

Userlevel 1

Any answers please ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Stephen Cooper,

Can I ask if you have taken a look at the link below:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/eu-roaming/fair-usage-policy

Kash

Userlevel 1

That's the problem, I was told as long as I am not in Spain 4 months or longer EU fair usage does not come into effect ? Also the page you sent me to has recently changed it used to have 2 boxes with price and package,when I put unlimited SIM message was fair usage does not effect you. Like I said that has now changed. Has there been a change in ID policy ?

Userlevel 1

We understand that sometimes you'll want to roam for a few weeks at a time. That's absolutely fine. But if you roam more than you use your phone at home (we mean in the UK) over a 4-month period, we might think you’re permanently roaming. If so, we'll take the following action:.                                                As you can see this in t and c  says something different as fair use comes into effect after 4 months

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Stephen Cooper ,

As you aren’t there longer than 4 months the fair usage policy won’t apply.

I hope this clear this up.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Thank you Kash good to hear.Must say you service and connection is 1st class. Thank you again.

Userlevel 1

Thank you Kash good to hear.Must say you service and connection is 1st class. Thank you again.

Most helpful

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Glad Kash was able to assist @Stephen Cooper!

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Will

Why iD Mobile?