Question

Roaming in Europe not working

• 27 May 2019
  • 4 replies

My Galaxy S9 works perfectly on iD in the UK, but won't connect when roaming in France, Spain or Greece. I've created a new APN profile using the settings provided by iD. I've tried restarting the phone,a reset of network settings (in General Management) and have checked the Samsung operating system is up to date. I still can't connect to networks, either automatically or manually. The SIM works OK in an iphone so the issue would seem to be with the S9 settings. Does anyone have any ideas?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @NjCH,

Just to confirm, is Roaming turned ON in the iD Account?
You'll also need to turn ON the setting for DATA Roaming in the phone.

It's odd that the SIM is working fine in the iPhone when abroad though.

To confirm, is it issues with all Roaming services or just Data?

When you try to manually connect, what does it say?

Are you currently abroad or in the UK?

The other thing you can try is to delete all of your current APN settings, including any iD ones. This should reset you on the network.
Then add a fresh new APN setting with the following:

Hopefully this should fix the issues you're facing.

Mohammed
Hi Mohammed. Yes, roaming is on in the iD account and on the phone, and the issue affects all roaming services - voice as well as data. I've also now deleted all of the APNs and created one fresh new one as shown above. I am currently abroad (in Greece) and can see three mobile networks when I go to 'select manually' in network settings. When I try to connect (eg to the Cosmote network) I get a 'Registering on GR COSMOTE' message for a couple of minutes as the phone apparently tries to register. I then get the message 'Unable to connect - please try later'.
I'd add that I can see the bars to indicate network coverage, but without a network name or 3G/4G etc. showing.
Badge +10
Hi welcome to the ID community

Long shot this one:
Disable wifi completely even if there is no connection
Disable wifi calling

Why iD Mobile?