Solved

Roaming with the Blackview 9600

Userlevel 1

I am in Jersey. My account and phone has roaming enabled. I can only get a 3g signal and have no internet connection. WiFi In the hotel is fine. But using mobile data does not.

Any suggestions on fix greatly relieved.

If not fixed will ditch ID and find someone whose roaming works for EU trip later this year.

Thanks for any speedy solution.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 6 July 2022, 21:02

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Is your bill cap £0?

The iD roaming partners in Jersey are: Airtel and Sure.

You could try getting your phone settings again from the online page:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/get-your-settings/settings-tool

Userlevel 1

Sorry but the list on the ID page does list Jersey units list.

Userlevel 1

.... Oops .…

Jersey is on the list

Userlevel 1

The settings page does not list my Phone. Blackview  9600 running Android 9

is there a generic setting set I can check against

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @IDnewbie, sadly not appearing in the list on the settings page probably means your handset is not on the iD Mobile approved device list.

If your handset isn’t on this list, it means your ability to use iD Mobile services might be affected, and if so iD only offer generalised suggestions to solve any issues you experience.

The “What are iD Mobile’s network settings?” community FAQ may help though - good luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @IDnewbie 

As @andewhite has mentioned the device you’re using isn’t officially supported by us, our services may work but they also may have some issues in some areas, possibly in this case issues while roaming.

I’d recommend getting in contact with our Facebook, Twitter or Live Chat teams to check there aren’t any issues on our end but ultimately, it may be that the device is unsupported.

Tom

Userlevel 1

The link with the APN settings did the trick. I only had the 3 apn's on phone.

Thanks for the info, would have liked to have been advised about this when I obtained the SIM and not had to try and sort this whilst not on UK soil.

Why iD Mobile?