Question

Rollover/Data usage in EU

• 16 August 2022
  • 2 replies

I am thinking of moving from Sky to iDmobile.   With Sky like iD they have the piggy bank where I used data can be rolled over.   Once a year I spent three weeks in Cyprus and our home has no Wi-Fi so the family use my phone as a hot spot for all surfing including linking the TV so we can stream via a fire stick to Netflix etc 

This year I had saved up 130gb in the piggy bank and used about 100gb in three weeks.   Sky has no restriction on this as im using my saved up data.  Then I revert to normal relatively low (<5gb per month max) back home for another year.  The downside of Sky is I pay £2 per day which mounts up over three weeks.  
If I roll over data like this on iD mobile are there restrictions on my using data like this on a three week trip?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes @andrewf, the amount of data you can use while roaming, in one of the inclusive EU roam like home locations, is governed by the iD Mobile open data policy, which is available on the iD Mobile web site at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/eu-roaming/fair-usage-policy.

Scroll down to the “Open data policy” section for further details.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @andrewf 

We do offer rollover data, I would recommend what @andewhite suggests checking out the Open Data Policy and Fair Usage Policy here in your case!

It’s also worth noting that there is a limit of a 50GB data rollover and our data rolls over to the next month, not the month afterwards.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?