Solved

sending messages abroad

• 25 November 2020
  • 7 replies

Hello am new in this community. I hope someone can help me.  One of my oldest friend lives in Switzerland. I can get her messages but cannot reply.   She thinks am ignoring her.  She is not on what's up.  Thanks for your help 

icon

Best answer by Michelle 8 December 2020, 15:34

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Pancakegirl,

Is there an error message that occurs when trying to send the message? What handset are you using?

Will

Thanks for your response Will.   I thought no one would ever help me with any issues i have with my phone. (and i have a few issues)   

I get no response just an explanation mark everytime i try to send a message that is either in Ireland or Switzerland 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Pancakegirl 

As you are texting outside of the UK, you will be charged for sending the text message.

Do you know if you have, a spending cap on your account? 

You can choose an out-of-plan spend cap between £0 and £25 when you first buy your plan, and can then adjust it between £0 and your credit limit at any time within the iD Mobile app or My Account online. 

Here’s how to do this:
• Select 'Services’ from the bottom menu of the app (or ‘My Services’ if you’re in My Account.)
• Then select ‘Edit my capped limit’. You can then move the slider anywhere between £0 and your credit limit. 

Please let us know if you require further help. 

Michelle 

thanks but why would i need to add more money when it is at the beginning of the month and i have all my credits left

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Pancakegirl 

Once you have reached the cap on your account your SIM will be restricted to prevent you from running up a high bill, this will happen even if you have your allowance to use. 

Michelle 

Userlevel 1

Hello am new in this community. I hope someone can help me.  One of my oldest friend lives in Switzerland. I can get her messages but cannot reply.   She thinks am ignoring her.  She is not on what's up.  Thanks for your help 

Hi,  this will turn into an expensive exercise, texting abroad,  why don’t you and your friend sign up to whattsapp or Microsoft messenger or skype, or any one of many free messaging apps then you’ll be able to message each other for free,  and send pictures and other media all free of charge,  without needing to use standard paid for text messages.   You might find that you friend is already registered on one of these systems,  

All the best Gerald

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi,  this will turn into an expensive exercise, texting abroad,  why don’t you and your friend sign up to whattsapp or Microsoft messenger or skype, or any one of many free messaging apps then you’ll be able to message each other for free,  and send pictures and other media all free of charge,  without needing to use standard paid for text messages.   You might find that you friend is already registered on one of these systems,  

All the best Gerald

This is a great alternative when needing to send messages to someone abroad or even when sending one to someone in the UK if you happen to be on a plan that charges for SMS messages. 🙂

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?