Solved

Unable to use data services in EU (Germany), despite roaming being enabled on ID Mobile Account and phone settings

• 11 August 2020
  • 1 reply

When recently visiting Berlin, I was unable to use mobile data the entire time. I received calls and texts fine, and had automatically connected to the German O2 network. A Google Pixel 2 phone was in use.

On previous visits to Berlin, when using an original Pixel phone and the same SIM card as the recent trip, I was able to use data for no more than 5 minutes after the phone was started. Interestingly, in September 2019, my girlfriend was able to use my hotspot whilst I was unable to access data at all. I did not test this recently, however.

APN in use:

APN: id
Proxy: not set
Port: not set
Username: not set
Password: not set
Server: not set
MMSC: http://mms.um.idmobile.co.uk:10021/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mms.idmobile.co.uk
MMS Port: 8799
MCC: 234
MNC: 20
Authentication type: not set
APN Type: default,mms,supl
APN Protocol: IPv4/IPv6 (I might have changed this one when playing/testing)
APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4/IPv6
Bearer: unspecified
MVNO Type: GID
MVNO Value: 0305

Please let me know if any more information is needed. I’d really like to get this working before I go back for another visit.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 13 August 2020, 14:49

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello@alexred5,

Thanks for including all the information + the APN settings, as it’ll save us asking for this later.

It looks like the APN settings are set-up correctly, and since calls & texts work fine, then Roaming is enabled.

The issue will still be down to the settings somewhere.

Just to confirm did you specifically turn on “Data roaming” as well?

This is specifically required to be on for data services.

If you did and none of that worked, then when you’re abroad next, try deleting all current APN settings and add a fresh new APN setting with the following:

Name: iD
APN: id
Username: <leave blank>
Password: <leave blank>

MMSC: http://mms.um.idmobile.co.uk:10021/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mms.idmobile.co.uk
MMS APN Username: <leave blank>
MMS APN Password: <leave blank>
MMS Port: 8799

* anything with <leave blank> should be left blank

Then, power down and remove the SIM, wait 10 minutes and power up and re-insert. This will allow a full reset on the network to pick up any changes.

Deleting and adding the APN was a trick I figured out when we had alot of OnePlus users with mobile data issues.

This seemed to fix the trick as it weirdly reset things for them.

This only works when deleting and adding a new one, changing/replacing the current one does not make a change.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?