Question

unable to use minutes or texts while roaming

I get the message DATA CONNECTION ONLY. I’m unable to call or get texts. This worked previously, so no idea what’s wrong. it’s in Band 1 country roaming.

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @tonio09,

That does sound strange. How long have you been there, and where exactly are you at the moment?

Will

In Hungary with Vodafone. It says data connection only. Cannot text or call. Last time I was here many months ago, it worked   but this time it does not.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @tonio09,

Thanks for that information. When in Hungary, we have a couple of network partners so please can you try a manual network search to connect to either of these two networks? They are: Telenor or T-Mobile

Please let us know how it goes.

Ryan

Telenor gives the same result, data connection only.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

That’s very odd indeed @tonio09,

Are you able to try the SIM in a different device?

What about the T-Mobile network?

Mohammed

No, I need it to work on this SIM and on this device. I was able to call for a few hours on Telenor, now it's back to Network Unavailable. There's perfect coverage where I am at. I can only access data on Vodafone. Telekom is forbidden. Very bad, can't use my minutes or calls.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @tonio09  Do Telenor or T-Mobile show up when you look at manually connecting to a network?

Can you get us a screenshot of the networks that show?

What phone are you using with the iD Mobile SIM currently?

I’m using CUBOT S168, it was working many times before when I visited, but during this visit, it only worked for a few minutes. It also works well in Germany usually. 

I see Vodafone, Telenor, Telekom, Digi Mobile, and 4G, 3G, 2G. The only thing that works now is Vodafone data without calls and texts. Everything else is Service Unavailable.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @tonio09,

I appreciate you need to use that SIM card in that device, but if you could just try the SIM in another device, it would help us greatly in diagnosing if the issue is with the network or the handset. Are you able to try that out for us please?

Will

ok, so I need to find another phone then. Had the same problem when going back to Germany - data connection only for E-Plus network. Restarting the phone solved it though, at least in Germany, now connected to O2 and have text and minutes. 

I must say that previously I also experienced long periods of not receiving any texts whatsoever, or the texts I sent would not arrive to the recipient. This was a sporadic issue though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

No problem @tonio09,

Let us know when you’ve tried this and see how you get on.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?